Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Summer's Almost Over! YaY!


Yay summer is almost over!  I am so excited that fall will be here soon!
Don't get me wrong, I don't hate summer, I just don't like it very much!  Fall and winter are my most favorite seasons of all!  Fall because my birthday is in October and winter because it snows!!!
Since the heat has finally cooled off(I say that and today it was 90 here)for the most part, anyway, we can finally start enjoying our patio!  I love to sit out there first thing the morning with handwork or a book!
We have a really really old glider that was black and we spray painted it yellow!  Love it!  I made pillow covers out of some osnaburg fabric and some upholstery fabric that I have had for some time!  On the middle cushion I even tried my hand at raw edge applique!  Sorry the picture is not the best.  It is so comfy, though! 

This chair was Grandma Baker's old rocker from her enclosed porch years ago.  It was white until this year and we painted it watermelon!  Love it too!  This chair has a cushion that is not very pretty anymore so I just made a pillowcase to cover it!  I made a little pillow with raw edge applique on it!  That raw edge applique is fun, I think!

Another indication summer is almost over, the flowers are looking old and sun damaged!  The heat has been so intense that I have had to baby them along to get them this far!  My dad and I even used tomato food on them!  Did that ever help!

A sunflower to usher in fall!  Yay!

Wherever you are whatever you are doing I hope you are having a wonderfully happy day!
Vickie




No comments: