Sunday, September 18, 2011

I GOT MAIL!!


Yes! I got mail!  Just look at the size of this box!  I knew it was coming and just couldn't hardly wait to get it in the house and open it!  I mean it's not everyday you get a box like this one!
  This wonderful snowman quilt was inside!(sorry about the picture)  I know I can't hardly believe it!  
It is amazing, isn't it?!  And it's mine!  About 11 years ago Aunt Barb(she lives in Florida and I live in Indiana) asked me if I would be interested in doing a snowman quilt together!  Of course, she knew it would be way one sided since I have never quilted, but I said yes, yes, yes!
Anyway, she did all of the cutting, the piecing of the log cabin squares, the tree squares and I only had to do the snowmen squares!  She cut all of my snowmen out and ironed them on the squares and I was set!
To make a long story short, life got in the way, and it took us 11 years to finish it!  She did a beautiful job!  It is gorgeous!  I love it!  I will post better and more detailed pictures tomorrow!  Thank you so much Aunt Barb from the bottom of my heart! I love it!  It will be a family heirloom for sure!
Tune in tomorrow for more pictures!

Wherever you are whatever you are doing I hope you are having a wonderfully happy day!
Vickie


No comments: