Monday, June 2, 2008

This is my story and I' m stickin' to it!!!

This is my story and I'm stickin' to it! It has been nearly a month and a half since my last post and I am not really sure why! I start the morning thinking I am going to post today and it just never gets done. I can't say my time has been taken by creativity(oh how I wish), but just everyday life! There was being sick, getting better, then helping the neighbors whenever I can, of course, now that it is almost summer, we have the wonderful yard work(which I don't hate), and then there is the laundry, cleaning, cooking, running errands, Mother's Day(Happy Belated Mother's Day to everyone!), a birth(I am a great aunt now!), a vacation, 2 birthdays on the same day, having the garden plowed by real horses(then planting the garden) and then there was Memorial Day weekend, and the list goes on, and on, and on. Not that I am complaining mind you! I feel very blessed everyday, that I have things to do, places to go and the energy to do it all!!!


This is one way we celebrated Mother's Day! You can't tell it, but this is very low fat!
Yummy! There is nothing like CHOCOLATE!!!!!! Is there?! We bought the Paula Deen CHOCOLATE magazine! These were in it! We modify everything we can to make what we eat and drink as low fat as possible!!!
School is out! It was a very fun year for Lilli and I, both! Homeschooling is great!

In my posting absence, I did take a couple of hours to teach myself how to needle punch! I love it! It is very relaxing after you find your rhythm! I will show a picture when I get it framed! Needle punching is, however, the only creative thing I have done for a long while.

I have taken a big girl pill, like they say on Clean House. I have really been cleaning out and yes actually getting rid of a lot of things! I have three big trash bags full to donate! I even have the garage cleaned out!!!! So summer can now come! It might be me, but when winter gets here, I don't like to keep the garage clean. I let things pile up, I guess. I sometimes let it happen in the house too, well it's not piling up now! I am proud! For a while I felt like it was just pulling me under, but I think I have the clutter and piles under control!!! I hope! I am starting to go through the house before I go to bed to make sure everything is in its' place! I think I am on the right track! I have a few more things to take care of this week and then I hope to get on a schedule so I can set aside a couple of hours a day( probably more like a week)to be creative! Who knows?!

I hope to be back tomorrow!
Wherever you are, whatever you are doing, I hope you have a wonderfully happy day!!
Vickie

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Vickie! So glad you checked in. I have been hoping things are ok. I have to tell you about the cherry delight. It is delicious. I have made it twice. The first one for my birthday, and I think I ate it all myself. I added about 1 TBS almond extract to the filling and it was divine. Thanks so much for sharing the recipe. Glad to hear all is well. Say hi to the girls. Love Stacy

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Glad to see your back. Looks like you've been busy with all sorts of things. Summer is here and that means you'll be even busier I'm sure.
Missed you.