Wednesday, June 18, 2008

My garden!

My dad and I worked in the garden for a really long time yesterday afternoon! I just love to spend time in the garden! When I am out there by myself, especially! Don't get me wrong I love to spend time in the garden with my family, but when I am by myself I can talk to myself! Yes, I have very interesting conversations with myself! I can laugh and cry! I can discuss things with God! I can dream about all the things that are going to come out of my garden! Not just the fruit and vegetables, but what we make with them and who we make them with! Isn't it wonderful what food does for the soul!

This is just some of my tomato plants! We love tomatoes! We make great salsa!

We had a farmer and his three horses come and get our garden ready! It was so fun! Lilli loved it!

They worked really hard! They were so sweet and sweaty!


Anyway, I hope those of you who don't need rain, don't get any! My heart is with all the flood victims. They are all in my thoughts and prayers. I cry every time I see the pictures. This is one thing I can't even imagine. Our county was declared a disaster area, but only the southern half was really hit hard. Fortunately, we live in the northern half.

Also, I want to say YAY!!!!!!The Celtics won! I have loved the Celtics since I was a little girl and didn't know that much about basketball! Then there was a player named Larry Bird from my own state of Indiana! I wish I could feel the same way about the Pacers but so far I'm not feelin' it!!!

I have tons to do today! I best get started!
Wherever you are, whatever you are doing, I hope you have a wonderfully happy day!
Vickie


1 comment:

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Oh my goodness you have horses help with your garden?? All I had was my hubby. LOL!!! I think you got the better deal there.
Congrats to you and your Celtics but our poor Lakers. They just played awful!!