Sunday, January 27, 2008

I was Lost but now I am Found!!!! (isn't that a song?)lol


This is one of my favorite pictures from Christmas!!!



I know what you are thinking.....is Vickie ever going to post anything else? I am! I was lost but now I am found! First I want to say that I have really missed blogging. To think I was blogging almost everyday and now it has been almost a month! I love to blog! I don't care if nobody ever reads it but me! I love it! I am really going to try harder!
It has been so long that I don't even know where to start! First and foremost, I want to wish everyone a belated HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!! I really hope that everyone has a wonderfully blessed new year!!!!
January is one of my least favorite months of the year. It is a new beginning I know. New beginnings mean change. I am not good with change. This year I told myself I was going to be better about January. I really had every intention to do better! I didn't even make a list of resolutions. Not even a mental one! That was something different. Something that I haven't done in the past. So okay, that was a start! Well, I don't know what happened but I just didn't have the gusto. I mean I was like in hibernation. Lilli and I had caught school up so we didn't have to start back until January 7. We fell into a pattern! I would get up at 5:30 with John then read, get sleepy, then go back to bed and get up at 9:00. What kind of schedule is that?! I ask anybody. Well, it has taken me forever to get back on the right track. I am there, though and ready to take on life once again! YAY! RAH! YAY! Thank you my wonderful family!!!
I did get caught up on my shopping! Nothing beats online shopping!LOL!!! I have also made lots of challenges for myself!
1. To read a lot!
One book I have read is a book that my Aunt Barb gave me when she did some destashing some time back. POETRY & PATCHWORK!!! by Gyleen X. Fitzgerald & James W. Pryde, Jr.! Gyleen is an award winning quilter! There is a quilt that goes with every haiku!
It is a very unique book! The authors made a challenge to each other to take a word like HOPE and write haiku for it! Well luckily Lilli and I had already studied about haiku! I fell in love with it from the very beginning! Because you don't have to make haiku rhyme I could actually do it! The lines should relate! They should have 17 syllables. 5 7 5! So now I am going to go through the book and write my haiku for every word that they did!!! Haiku is a ton of fun! You might want to take the same challenge! If you do, please share!!!
2. Learn how to quilt!! I have been reading Sharon's blog!
If you haven't ever read it, you should! It is the best one that I read! Well, she is so enthusiastic about life in general that it is contagious! She has so much fun! Thanks Sharon for adding me to your list of blogs! I feel very honored!!! So I have been reading all about quilting, buying way tooo much fabric, and I think I am really ready!!!! My biggest fear is cutting all of that fabric! I am starting with one that actually says good for beginners!!! That would be me!!!
3. To lose weight and get into great shape!!! I know I carry Gayle around, but I need to sweat everyday!!! I once heard someone on TV say, if you eat you have to exercise! I used to be so good at that! 100 push ups a day! Not anymore! Could be my age! I am going to have at it!
4. To get organized and stay that way!!!LOL!!! having doubts about this one already!!!
5. To blog at least 3 times a week!
This is just 5 out of a ton more! I know it is a lot! Like someone once said, life is too short! There is just tooo much I want to do and tooo much I want to learn! I best get to it! Don't ya think?!
I have also been taking tons of pictures! More than can ever fit on this blog, but I am going to share some of my absolute favorites!!!
I have also been doing some swaps on swap-bot! How fun is that?!!! I love it! I learned how to make a Dotee doll! I am now addicted! When I get some more made I will take pictures!
Well, now that I have spilled my guts I am going to give haiku a shot!
COCOON
Quiet in darkness
Hiding like bears in winter
Waiting for happy

Okay! I am sure you can guess why I picked COCOON! I feel like I have been in one for a month!!!!! Wait until you read tomorrows'!!!!!

I hope you have a wonderful evening and a great tomorrow!
Tons of love,
Vickie
PS--I had to change my last line! I had Waiting for happy times. When Lilli proofed it she reminded me that happy was a two syllable word! What would I do without her!!! I think I have it now!!!

1 comment:

Red Geranium Cottage said...

I'm soooo glad your back. I've been checking and checking to see if you had posted. Love your cute Christmas photo of the family and I'm sooooo glad your making a quilt.