Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Company and Shopping


Last Friday my Aunt Barb(the one that made the snowman quilt who lives in Florida), my Mom, Lilli, and I went shopping!  Yay for us!  Anyway, we went to the Warm Glow Candle Outlet in Centerville, IN first!  You know how I love that place!  I have posted about it before!  I bought some Christmas things and fall things!  It is truly one of my favorite shops!!! 
Then  we went to the quilt shop!  The Stitching Nook that used to be in Liberty, IN had moved to Richmond, IN!  How great is that! I am only 25 miles from Richmond and about 55 or 60 from Liberty.  Much better!  The sad news is that the Stitching Nook has been in Ricmond for 7 years!  Oh really, I said, John said he was happy I didn't know before now! haha  I said to the lady the last time I had been to Liberty was in '04 and she said you must have been there right before we moved.  I was thinking they could have told me they were moving, right?!!  While we were there I picked up a few things!
Do you see the Harvest Town panel and yardage of pumpkins?  I won that in a giveaway last fall!  It's a red rooster fabric line!
I, of course, hadn't used it so I bought some more fabric to go with it!!
 

One of my favorite designers is Nancy Halvorsen!
She has the sweetest books and fabric!  I already had the Christmas book, Jingle All the Way and couldn't hardly wait to get my hands on the fabric!  So I had to buy the panel and some fat quarters!

 As if  all of the above wasn't enough I found this!  That's right Winterberry Lane by red rooster!
I took the panel bolt off the shelve and there was only 2 panels left so of course I couldn't let them run out without buying it!  Then I got some yardage and some fat quarters!  I just love the muted tones!  On their website they call them dusty!
 Lilli found a tub full of fat quarters for $1 so I got two and she got some!
As we were standing at the cutting counter they had these little rulers from Creative Grids.They were only $4.00 and they had Stitching Nook on it and a pattern sheet to go with it so I had to buy them!  As I am learning to quilt I should have the best of everything, right?  What I have been learning from the wantobe quilters campaign the Creative Grids rulers are the best you can buy!
Do you see those little angel scissors?  Lilli bought them for me!  I love them!  You can buy them on line over at Sharon's! 
That was our big day out!  We came home and had our favorite take out pizza and lots of great conversation with our company!
Well that's all for me today!

Wherever you are whatever you are doing I hope you are having a wonderfully happy day!
Vickie

No comments: