Tuesday, November 9, 2010

A Log Cabin Quilt As You Go!

I hope ya all don't fall off your chairs but I wanted to share with you a project I started 25 years ago! I know, I couldn't believe it! I have had this tucked away in Gayle's room since we moved 12.5 years ago!
I was cleaning out her closet, much like I do every 6 months or so, and ran across this huge bag and instantly knew what it was! I started pulling all the fabric out and the directions fell out! I knew right then and there I had to finish this! When I got everything sorted I had 5 finished blocks and I need 15! So I got busy that day and was able to get 4 more completed and I have a fifth one started! I can't tell you how excited I am to be able to finish this really soon!
My mother-in-law and I took a class 25 years ago to learn how to do this! Something happened and we couldn't continue the classes so she helped me get all my pieces cut out at home and from there I was on my own! I don't know why I stopped with only 5 blocks finished but they will be finished this time for sure! I am hoping before the year is up!!! This is for Gayle and I want to surprise my mil when I show her the finished quilt! She doesn't even know that I have started working on it again!
Wherever you are whatever you are doing I hope you are having a wonderfully happy Tuesday!
Vickie

4 comments:

Ashlawnfarms Rag Quilt Creations said...

Vickie- I love hearing stories like this! I am eager to see what it looks like when finished! Have fun with it!

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

WOW - that is a long term UFO. Well done on getting started on it again. I love the Log Cabin block!

JayTee said...

I started a Sunbonnet Sue for my daughter when she was 6 or 7...she's 37!!! I love your colors..I've never made a log cabin but recently made a log cabin Christmas tree wallhanging and I so want to do a log cabin quilt. I think it would be a great quilt as you go project.

debbie said...

your blo9cks are beautiful!!!