Monday, January 26, 2009

January Finished Projects!!!!


I know what you must be thinking joining two BOMs and the One Project a Month Challenge, but actually I find I am getting a lot more done than I thought I would!!
This is my hardanger that I started back in 1985! I know, I can't believe I am finally calling it finished, but I am! After 2 hours and 6 tries I had to give up on the cable stitch. I don't normally give up but I just couldn't bear the thought of something happening to the canvas so I ripped it all out and washed it and let it dry so I could put it in this antique frame! It really looks much better in person then in the picture. I am not sure where I am going to hang, but I will find a really nice place for it soon. I may even change the brown backing to something else, like green maybe!!!Here is another finished WIP!!! I bought this fabric last year sometime, it's Simplicity from Moda, I loved the gentleness of the colors but I wasn't sure what to do with the strips and squares! As you all know I am not a quilter, but I love quilts and have several of them and have way tooooo much fabric to not do something with it! So I decided I had to start making stuff! I had no pattern or instructions, which rarely help me anyway, as I don't seem to like to follow the instructions, so I just started laying the strips and squares out and this is what I came up with! I call it a table mat since it is not skinny and long, like a table runner! I love it! In each of the 12 squares I hand quilted a heart and then added a very vintage shell button! Anyway, these are my finished projects for January!!!!

Wherever you are and whatever you are doing I hope you have a wonderfully happy day!
Vickie

2 comments:

Carla said...

Congrats on finishing! Love that little table quilt.

Teodo said...

Your UFO now are wonderful.
I like very much both.
ciao ciao