Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Cooking with Grandma Barb!

If you read yesterday's post, you will know that we started Cooking with Grandma Barb on the weekends! I am sure we can't do it every weekend, but we are going to give it our best shot!
Anyway, Lilli and I are learning a lot! Not that I don't cook, but we are learning about really old family recipes and what favorites were whose! Barb doesn't measure much so we are learning how to turn a handful of this into a cup of this. We are trying to get them all written down so we can always have them! I think it is important to be able to pass on recipes and know why they are favorites! I like to know the history of the recipe!
For Sunday's cooking we made slaw....from a family friend that made it up, pasta salad..... from a co-worker of Barb's years ago, and dill potato salad.... from a deli in Providence, RI!
Just in case anybody is wondering, Barb is John's mom!!!


This pasta salad is simply the best! It takes a long time for prep, but is way worth it!
Every time Barb makes it, she always doubles the recipe!



The slaw was good, but different! I think she needs to work on it a bit more, but it was good!


Oh my gosh! If you like dill potato salad, you would love this! It is very simple and very wonderful!!!!



I am considered the baker of the family! The Monster Cookies were my contribution!
They were so yummy!!!

So there you have it! Cooking with Grandma Barb....Week One!!!
This week we are doing meatballs and spaghetti! Doesn't that sound good?!!!

I have a ton to do today! I guess I need to do laundry! Is it me or is everyday laundry day?!!
One thing's for sure, the laundry is always there!!! I best go for now!

Wherever you are, whatever you are doing, have a wonderfully happy day!!!
Vickie


No comments: