Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A couple of days after Christmas!!!

Well, it's a few days past Christmas and things aren't so crazy busy here! We really had a great Christmas and hope you all did as well!
My big deal now is to put it all away. UGH...my least favorite thing to do!
My one and only consolation is that I leave up my snowman stuff! YAY!!
Christmas has been a little different last year and this year for a couple of reasons!
One, we don't have a believer anymore. It's our second year without. I know, isn't it sad?! I have talked to several people and
some say they were simply devastated when they learned their children no longer believed in Santa. I can't say I was devastated just a little sad. I knew the day would come but I didn't know that it would make Christmas so different! Oh well, our children do grow up!
The other reason was that John's dad isn't well enough to come to our house anymore especially when the weather is bad. So I fixed this...
Chicken Pot Pie and John took the food and gifts and spent part of the day with them!
We all missed them and they missed coming. We hope by Easter the weather will be better and they will be able to come and help us celebrate!!!

Do you have one of those easy peasy recipes that you just must make every year?!! I do and it's these.....
No Bake cookies! They are so simple and so yummy!!!
We did indeed have a white Christmas! It even snowed on
Christmas night!!! I will leave you with a few pictures!!!

A tree that goes to berries in the winter! It's just plain and pretty! Don't you think?!!!
And then lastly this....

A huge evergreen in our front yard!!!

Wherever you are whatever you are doing I hope you have a wonderfully happy Tuesday!
Vickie








1 comment:

Teodo said...

Happy 2011 to all. Ciao ciao