Sunday, September 20, 2009

Where to start.......

I don't have the faintest idea where to start. It has been like forever since I last really posted but here goes!!!
Since the last time I really posted to let you know what was goin' on here was way back in.....let's just say it was a couple of months ago, ugh....
Anyway, we have celebrated 2 very special birthdays for Gayle and Lilli here at home, a 30th class reunion, it was so much fun, which I was on the committee for, my mom, my niece, my dad, and my sister-in-law all had one big birthday bash along with Gayle and Lilli in early September, I had to type up Gayle's legal papers, we had out of town guests around Gayle's birthday, we went to Indianapolis so John could see the first Colts game of the season with his cousin and yep we won, Lilli, Gayle, and I went shopping, we made birthday cards, which was good since we needed so many, I got my hair hi-lighted, a first for me! and we have made a few stops at Jo-Anns! I am working on my Angel Swap and my birthday giveaway!
Our biggest day was yesterday! I believe Lilli has posted about it! I have a life long friend(since 1st grade!) that is the most giving person I know! Her name is Heidi(she has no blog)! If she knows there is someone in need she is there, she gives all she has to her church, any organization she belongs to she is there, but yesterday, she was a volunteer for an event that her daughter Nicole was in charge of! It was a walk for Alzheimer's! I decided I should get involved! I am so glad I did! I am really glad Lilli did! It didn't dawn on me until Heidi said something about how great it was that someone Lilli's age would volunteer! You here about volunteerism all the time but until you actually get involved you don't realize what it means to those that are trying to make a difference! So I am bragging about my own daughter! Whether it's right or wrong I am going to say that I am so PROUD of her! Volunteering to make a difference in the world is not like volunteering to wash dishes!!!! Lilli worked as hard as Heidi and I!
I can honestly say we walked away from yesterday's experience wanting to do more!
So we will!
The only thing I regret is that we forgot the camera, I guess because I am out of the blogging mode! I am sorry that this post has no pictures, but just think if it did, it would be one of the longest posts ever!!!

Wherever you are, whatever you are doing, I hope you are having a wonderfully happy day!
Vickie

1 comment:

Teodo said...

At last here I'm and I send a Big HAPPY BIRTHDAY for all you.
ciao ciao