Wednesday, April 1, 2009

A box with Family Treasures!!!

I know this is not last Friday and I know these pictures are not what I said I was going to show but when I got the mail today I received a box from my Aunt in Florida! It was full of all sorts of family treasures! My Aunt Barb knows how much I appreciate family treasures and how much I love everything old! When she asked if I wanted this stuff I couldn't resist!
This doily edge was crocheted by my Grandma Lovell! I love it! I have another one that she did that has been embroidered on that I only use in the spring with my pink and green!
This wonderful child's apron was crocheted by my Great Grandma Lillian, which we called GG for short and yes Lilli is named after her! Look it even has green in it!

This is was the rest of the things that arrived today! A circular cutter, a Kirigami calendar, a stamp, a stamp set, scrapbook paper, and another heirloom that is a crocheted tablecloth! Aunt Barb isn't sure who made it, but I am glad to have it!

Aunt Barb said this was a late Thanksgiving gift but I'm calling it an early one! I can't wait to use it!

Last but not least an angel candle, all the way from Austria, to watch over the 4 of us!
I am a blessed girl today, wouldn't ya say?!!!!

I will try my hardest to post my stitching projects tomorrow!

Wherever you are whatever you are doing I hope you have a wonderfully happy day!
Vickie

4 comments:

Teodo said...

Vickie it's true this is a treasure...........a loving treasure.
ciao ciao

Carla said...

I bet you had so much fun going through the box. Great items.

debbie said...

what a lovely package you received! The doily and apron are beautiful! enjoy! :)

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

What wonderful treasures! I love hand crocheted doily's - just beautiful!