Wednesday, October 22, 2008

CABBAGE PATCH SOUP, RANDOM HANDMADE POLKA DOTS, etc!!!

It has been a whole week since I last posted! I can't believe how fast that week went!

Anyway, it is finally getting chilly here! I am so excited! Finally we can start wearing our flannels, big sweat shirts and eat lots of soup! Here is a wonderful soup! It warms you up in no time! This is for turkeycookies soup swap 08!CABBAGE PATCH SOUP
from: CRAZY PLATES Cookbook

1 lb. ground beef
1 cup chopped celery
1 cup chopped onions
1/2 cup chopped green peppers
1 clove garlic, minced
1 28oz can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 6oz can tomato paste
5 cups beef broth
2 cups peeled, cubed potatoes
1 cup chopped carrots
1/4 cup chopped, fresh parsley
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tbsp sugar
1 bay leaf
1 1/2 tsp dried basil
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
3 cups chopped cabbage
In a large soup pot, cook beef, celery, onions, green pepper, and garlic over medium-high heat until beef is browned. Add all remaining ingredients, except cabbage. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer 30 minutes.
Stir in cabbage and simmer 30 more minutes. Remove bay leaf before serving.
Makes 8 servings

Some random handmade polka dots on my handmade journal cover! I love that pink and brown together! I made that bear for Lilli! She wants a skirt on it with a bow so I guess she will have a bear dressed! I hope to have the journals, journal covers, and some bears on etsy soon!

The inside of the journal cover and front of journal!

I almost forgot the bag I made from a tutorial from tinyhappy! What fun! I am seriously thinking that I will give the pink set away to celebrate my birthday! Come back tomorrow and I will have all of the particulars!

That's all for today! Have a wonderful evening!

Wherever you are, whatever you are doing, I hope you have wonderfully happy day!
Vickie

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love pink and brown too!! I was wondering where you have been...I miss your blogs! Can't wait to see your store stocked again.

Jessica said...

This soup looks quite yummy! I can't wait to try it! Thanks for sharing!!!

Carla said...

That soup sounds delish!!! How cute the bear and bags are.

Unknown said...

The name of the soup didn't sound all that great...but leaving out the cabbage it sounds delish! :) My family refuses to eat cabbage! lol
Cute stuff! I like pink and brown too.
The bear will look cute with a bow and skirt! :)
Ya know, i signed up for etsy and never put anything in my store....

Suzanne W. said...

Hi Vickie! Thought I'd stop by and see what's new.
Thanks for the soup recipe-I need more since it's THAT time here again. I love making soups & stews when it's cold out.
I also love the pink & brown combo. 'Course I'm a "pink" kinda girl so I'm partial! :D
Can't wait to see what you get stocked on Etsy-though I know how challenging it can be to get any extra stuff done with all the daily stuff we do.