Thursday, November 1, 2007

The Funnest Day Ever!

Getting started!

A fun mess!
Finished!
The "funnest" day ever!!!


I don't know about anyone else, but I am still wondering where October went! It is one of my absolute favorite months of the year, but did I sleep through it? Who knows. All I know is that it is over and now it is November, but before October bid farewell, we had lots of celebrating to do!!! My brother's birthday, my parents' anniversary, my brother and sister-in-law's anniversary, my birthday, and yes the best part Halloween!!!

Lilli had a hard time deciding what she wanted to be, first it was a rock star, then it was a drama queen, and then the one she finally decided on was the CHEF!!! Can you believe it?!!! We spent a whopping 50 cents!!! Wow! We had so much fun making the hat! She had the clothes! The apron she wore was a vintage, all hand sewn (by John's great aunt Sally) apron! Aunt Sally made it in 1965 for her sister, John's grandma, Louise! When we showed up at Grandma and Grandpa Phistner they were really touched, so much so that Grandma cried!!! We love the apron! In fact, I have made several for gifts!!! I am going to put some on etsy for Christmas! You can bet, though, there will be know hand sewing. It well be done by machine!!!!
Anyway, since we were chefs for the day, Lilli decided she should bake!!! She had a recipe for these cheese pretzels, but she wanted to have cinnamon sugar pretzels instead! She experimented with the recipe until she got it just right!!! Yummy! They were wonderful!!

No comments: